Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Diabetes

As most of you know, I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was 7 years old.  That being said, now that I am pregnant I am to be on my best behavior.  

I went to the endocrinologist today to see the Nurse Practitioner (which I really like).  She seems to listen a lot more than the doctor and sit and explain things to me.  My OBGYN told me to go see them to make sure that my diabetes was up to par and everything was going well.  Well I came out of the office with a good report.  My A1C count went from 6.4 last visit to 6.2.  The goal of the doctor is 6.0 (almost normal).  We made a few minor changes to my insulin amounts.  The one major change that I will have in addition of a mechanism that I have to wear along with the pump.  The new device will allow me to see what my glucose level is every 15 minutes.  This will allow me to keep a very tight control of my glucose levels.  I'm not too excited to have another thing connected to my body at all times, but whatever I have to do to make this baby is healthy I will do.  

No comments: