Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Thursday's Doctor Visits

Last Thursday, Jordan and I went to the OB and peri (shortened for perinatologist).

We first went to the OB and she checked to see if I had made any progress with dilation, etc.  No luck there.  Miss Addison is in my belly to stay for now.  She is in no hurry to come out and join us.  So with that being said, the OB said that we needed to come back next week and see if anything had progressed.  She said that if we don't have any progress, she will not let me go to my due date (April 30th).  Therefore, she said that most likely if Addison doesn't come naturally then we will either induce or C-section on April 23rd or 24th depending on all kinds of things.  I have to say, I'm hoping for the 23rd instead of the 24th.  Sorry Ryan (cousin's B Day).  Jordan and I thought I would have made some progress or would  have a date sooner than that, but that was a big fat no.  Kind of disappointed, but had to stop and think about how important it is for her to stay in there to make sure her lungs are mature and ready for the outside world.  She now comes 1st.

Then onto the perin.  They did a sonogram, and it showed that everything looks really good.  Her heart rate was at 131 and the fluid, etc. looked great.  They didn't measure her to see how much she weighed since we just did that the week before.  So on Wednesday, we'll find out approximately how  much she weighs.  I have a feeling she's going to be a chunker with little fat rolls on her legs.

Overall we had 2 great doctor visits and now we just wait patiently (yeah right).


1 comment:

LEHaarmeyer said...

Im so glad your Dr.appt went great!! You are almost there!