Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

38 Weeks....Counting Down

When to see all of my doctors today regarding the pregnancy, so we've got some exciting updates.

First we went to the perin. This visit they measured her to check out her weight. Addison is weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz (sounds like a heavy weight match up, huh?). Her lungs, heart, etc. looks great. Heart rate was 131 beats/min. Overall, they are very pleased. I'm pleased with the weight, because as of 2 weeks ago, we were aiming for a 8 1/2 lb baby by next week. With this measurement, we're looking more around 7 1/2 lbs. Yipee! My hips are probably even more excited.

Next, onto the OB. She said that I was 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced, so I've made progress but not a lot. With that, she decided that we should just go ahead and schedule an induction date in case she doesn't come within the next week. So I am scheduled to be admitted into the hospital next Wednesday evening, so they can start the process of thinning out my cervix. From there, they will start induction on Thursday morning. FINALLY!!!! We have a date. Therefore, we should have Miss Addison in our arms on Thursday, April 23rd. I'll keep you posted if it comes before then.

Finally, the endo. Blood sugars are looking great and they are really pleased with how the pregnancy has gone. I was given the instructions on what to do when I go into labor and contacting them, etc. They seem very laid back and know exactly what they are doing. My endo is on call during my scheduled induction, so that makes me feel a lot more at ease.

Overall, we had an exciting day! It's amazing to know that we will get to welcome Addison into our family in less than a week. (I have a countdown on the mirror in our bathroom)

Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. We are blessed to have such great friends and family.

No comments: