Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

36 Weeks & Car Seat

The count down has begun. I am at 36 weeks, and we found out today for sure that we would definitely welcome Addison into the world by at least 39 weeks.

Today I went to all 3 doctors to see how everything is going.

The endo (diabetes) report was great. Minor adjustments, but for the most part we are on track. They got the results back from my thyroid test and everything is normal. I won't have to go back to see them until my 38th week.

Then onto the perinatal doc. This week it was time to measure here again, since it had been 2 weeks ago. Let me remind you that she was 5 lbs 3 oz 2 weeks ago (48th percentile). This week, she had decided to put on a little weight since our last visit. She is now up to 6 lbs 10 oz (57th percentile). Needless to say, she will definitely have chubby cheeks. My mom told me "she's already outweighs the weight of both you and your brother." As long as this baby girl is healthy, that's all we can ask for. I can just see her little rolls on her legs. Jordan says she'll have a "ghetto" butty. We'll just have to wait and see. Overall though, the doc said we were both doing really well and he was pleased. He asked if we had set a date yet for the labor. I said no, and he replied that they would definitely take her by the 39th week (April 23rd).

Last but not least, the OB's office. I am 1 cm (whoopie, nothing) but no lightening. She said that her hope is that Addison comes naturally before they have to induce at the 39th week. She did say that if I have no evidence of lightening or dilating by the 39th week, then I will definitely have the option to opt to have a scheduled C-section instead of being induced. I guess we'll just cross those road if it gets here. Jordan is set that we will have to set a date, because she's not going to come early. God has his own plan, so we'll see what he decides.

With these appointments today, we are really starting to get excited. I cannot believe that we will have a child by the 23rd of April. It seems like only yesterday that Jordan and I were discussing when we would like to start trying. Life sure does fly when you're having fun.

Oh course, I can't forget the car seat installation. Jordan and I about two weeks ago, decided to run by the Murphy fire department and also try Allen fire department to see how to properly install the car seat. We tried both and both did not have a certified person to show us how to install it. Murphy FD gave us a list of where we could go. So today, I got a hold of a policeman at Wylie PD that was certified. I knew there was more to it than what the manual said, but he was a big help. I learned a lot and am glad that I took the time to know how to properly install the seat. Addison is now safe to ride in the car (good thing, because we've got to get her home somehow).

I could go on and on about how our lives are changing, but it would be rambling. We are just so excited about Addison. Once again, we thank you for your daily prayers and thoughts. We'll keep you updated as the days gets closer.

P.S. The swelling in my feet have gone away! Yipee!!!!!

No comments: