Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

35 Weeks

Here's the weekly update on Miss Addison!

I went to the perinatologist yesterday.  They didn't measure her this week, but looked at all of the fluid, position, heart rate, cord blood flow, etc.  Everything is looking really good per the doctor.  Her heart rate was at 131.  She has turned and facing my spine to start getting in position to come out.  I also asked this perinatologist (different from last week), Dr. Rhinheart about an induction date and he stated that it's normally at 39 weeks for diabetic pregnancies.  Dr. Rhineheart is a little bit older and has been doing the sonograms the majority of the time for me, so I'm going to go with his statement compared to Dr. Gore last week.  Therefore, we're looking at around April 23rd if that holds true.  The doc did point out on the sonogram that Addison already has fat, round cheeks.  I wonder where she gets that from.  (her Grandaddy?)

We then moved on to the OB.  She measured my belly and it measured at 34 weeks, which was right as of yesterday.  She said she didn't want to commit to an induction date as of now.  She would like to get further into the pregnancy to see how things are progressing and how Addison is growing.  It had been 3 weeks since I had seen the OB so I was starting to wonder how much weight I had gained, because I'm starting to feel large.  It feels like a big basketball in front of me that runs into everything.  I had only gained 3 lbs as of my last visit, so yipee for that.  That means most of the weight is going to her, which is what is supposed to be going on.  I asked the OB why it feels like someone is scrapping their finger nails on my lower abdomen and she stated that it's just my ligaments stretching and getting ready for labor.  It's amazing the different feelings you get that you never expected and had before.  Life (literally) is full of surprises!  

I'll make sure to keep you updated when we go back on April Fools!


1 comment:

Randi said...

Talk about time flying...your big day is almost here. I'm so glad things are going so well and I can't wait to meet Addison.