Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

34 Weeks

Today I went to see both the endocronologist and perinatologist. It seems like this is becoming the only post that I put up these days, but my life is consumed by doctors appointments.

The endo was pretty much the same. Made a few more adjustments to the insulin, but overall my health and Addison's are looking great.

At the perinatal visit, Addison's heart rate was monitored to make sure it wasn't under any stress. We're free and clear. The doc took all the measurements this time to see how much she's weighing, and she came out to be 5 lbs 4 ounces. Two weeks ago we were at 4 lbs 4 ounces, so she has gained the exact weight that she was supposed to (1/2 lb a week). He did inform us that most likely our OB will be discussing induction at 38 1/2 weeks, due to the fact of the diabetes. Therefore, we may be looking at a due date around the 20th of April. Yipee! I should know more once I meet with the OB next week. I am going to make sure that she understands though that if my cervix has not dialated at all by 38 1/2 weeks, then let's just go ahead and schedule that C-section. (I act like I know what I'm doing here)

With the date being moved up (possibly) my mind starts thinking....what else do I need to do to be prepared for her when she arrives. So with that, I got Jordan to install the car seat in the car, and we played with it a little bit. I'm going to run by the Murphy fire station and get them to check it this weekend just to make sure we have done it correctly.

So thanks again for all the prayers. They seem to definitely be working. We're looking forward to having a healthy baby girl come home and extend our family.

1 comment:

Lauren Wood said...

Hi Courtney,

You don't know me - I started reading your blog because I know Jennifer McCollum. It is funny because I am due May 10th, but have gestational diabetes so I am getting a c-section on April 28th. I think we see the same perinatologist too? Dr. Rinehart? In reading your post today, I had to write because I live in Murphy too! Wow, it is a small world!

Best of luck!

Lauren Wood