Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

33 Week Doctor Appointment

So today, I went to go see the perinatologist. It's becoming a weekly occurence, so we'll get to see how Miss Addison is doing.

The appointment began with them putting in a room to do a "stress test." Pretty much it consisted of them putting a fetal monitor on my belly and keeping track of her heart rate. After the first five minutes of sitting in the lounge chair, the lady came in there and noticed that she was sound asleep. They needed her awake to do the test, so she used this little device to shake up my belly and get her moving around. Well....it worked.

From that room, we went to get the sonogram done. The didn't measure her this week (which I was disappointed in). They said they would measure her next week. The reasoning behind that I was told is that if they measure every week, the weight could vary only a slight bit and they don't want to scare the parents to be. The lady said that the sonogram measurements can be off a few ounces, so it's pointless to do it every week. They did measure the fluid around the baby, heart rate, etc. and everything looks great. She didn't really move around very much, so I don't really have anything exciting to tell you about.

I know she's growing, because my belly is definitely growing. Next week, I'll post what the progress is on her growth.

Thanks again for all the love and support.

No comments: