Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 29, 2008

18 week Check Up

Jordan and I went to the OB on Wednesday to see how the progress was going with Baby G. The OB said that the baby is growing accordingly and the heart beat (150) was normal and doing well. We tried to get the OB to do a sonogram to see if we could find out the sex of the baby, but she said that we would have to wait until our perintal appointment. So Jordan and I are scheduled to see the perintal doctor on Tuesday, December 2nd at 9:00. We are so excited and hope that the baby will be facing the right way to show us if it's a boy or girl. I promise, I'll post boy or girl as soon as I know.

Earlier that day, I had an endocrinologist appointment to see how my diabetes was doing with the pregnancy. Going to the two doctors every month is definitely time consuming, but I'm sure this is just the beginning. The nurse practitioner said that my A1C test (test showing blood glucose average over the past 6 weeks) was 5.8. Just so you know, that is the best that my diabetes has measured since I was diagnosed. The baby has already been a blessing in my life without it knowing it.

After those two appointments, I told myself that I am very thankful to be in good health and have a healthy baby. I've decided that it's time to stop being nervous about my diabetes with the pregnancy and just enjoy every minute of it.

No comments: