Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 Months Old


Napping position


Holding my head up

Mom and me hanging out on my pallet



I have discovered my hand


Thinking and napping


Putting Addison to sleep (sometimes a chore)

Yesterday, we took Addison to her 2 month checkup to see how she is progressing. She has changed tremendously. I'll tell you her #s at 2 weeks and then at 2 months, so you can see the change.

Weight: 8 lbs 10.5 oz (50-75%) to 12 lbs 6.5 oz (90%) - hasn't missed a meal
Length: 21" (75-90%) to 23" (75%)
Head: 13 7/8" (25-50%) to 15 1/4 (45-50%)

Needless to say, she has grown and is a healthy baby girl. She also go her first round of vaccinations. Our nurse was very quick to give them to her, so she screamed for about 30 seconds and calmed down. I think her legs were sore the rest of the day though, because she would whimper if I pushed on them. She did a great job at the doctor's office. We are so excited that everything looks great and there aren't any concerns. Thank God!

As far as at home, I've really noticed how she is talking and interacting with Jordan and me. She'll lay in the floor with us and just coo until we stop talking to her. She'll smile (especially in the morning or just waking up). She is so much fun to be around and will only continue to get more exciting. This morning, I noticed that she's starting to notice her hands and that they're actually attached to her body and she can control them. Also, another big milestone is that she's sleeping about 5 1/2-6 hours at night without waking up. Yipee!!!! The doctor said she should be sleeping 8-10 hours at night around 3 months, so Jordan and I are patiently waiting for that momentous occasion. It's amazing to see how much she has grown and changed in such a short period of time.

FYI: I go back to work on the 1st, so I may not be as good at getting post put up, but I'm going to try my best. Everyone pray for me when I go back, because it's going to be so hard. I think I may take my makeup with me to work the first few days, so I can touch it up when I get there. lol


No comments: