Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Doctor Appointments: 27 weeks

If you'll double click on the pictures, it will enlarge them so that you can see her a lot better.

Monday, I had all my doctor appointments.  It's a whirlwind going to 3 appointments in one day, but it helps when your mom is there.  The chairs become very uncomfortable, along with the tables you have to lay on.  I'll try to lay out my day and explain what happened at each one.

9:20a OBGYN: We discussed signs of pre-term labor and what I should do just in case.  She also checked my iron count and found that it was a little low (11.7) and recommended that I start taking iron pills from here on out.  She also checked my cervix and everything is holding up strong and Addison is not planning on coming out any time soon.

10:30a Perinatal: This was the fun part of my day.  The doctor did a 3D sonogram for us.   That's the main reason why my mom came in for my doctor appointments.  I'll try to post pictures of the sonogram at the bottom.  She wasn't very cooperative once again.   This time she decided to put her back to us, so we couldn't get many pictures.  She also had either her feet or hands in her face the majority of the time.  We did however get to sneak a few pictures of her.  She's adorable.  I know I'm bias, but she has the cutest little nose and lips.  We were able to see that she has all of her fingers and toes.   Supposedly, she blinked a few times.  She weighs 2 lbs 6 oz at 27 weeks and 4 days.  All of the organs are working perfectly, so we are so excited about her health.  I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point.

1:00p Endocronologist (Diabetes): Before I went in, I knew that my blood sugars were starting to fluctuate a little bit.  I felt like my body was becoming insulin resistent, in the mornings especially.  So when the NP told me that my A1C count had increased to 6.0 from 5.9 I wasn't shocked.  They are still excited about the overall blood sugars and how well everything is going.  We made a few adjustments to the insulin and my morning meal and that was it.  I'm so excited that everything is going well.  I just want to make sure I'm doing my best for Miss Addison.  She deserves nothing but the best.   I think with those few adjustments, we'll be back on track for at least a 5.8 A1C within 2 weeks.

So there was  a day with me on my doctor rounds.  Thanks Mom for hanging out with me for the day.  I hope you enjoyed yourself and learned a little bit.  


No comments: