Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nursery and.....

This weekend, my parents are coming to our house to help us start painting Baby Griffin's nursery (no name yet).  I'm so excited.  I feel like I've been working on getting it all together forever, so it'll be great to put everything together and see if the concept in my mind matches what comes out.  You should have seen me on Sunday.  I bought two canvases to paint a pattern on them to match the curtains.  Wow, that was interesting.  I think I did pretty well, but we'll see how it looks once up.  I have to say though, that painting is definitely a stress reliever.

I'll make sure to take pictures of it this weekend to post.  It won't be totally done, but you'll be able to get the idea.

North Texas Food Bank

I know the perception of the car business is that it's terrible and everyone is out to get you, but I want to brag where I work.  I decided that we should do something great for the community and give back when the economy is not doing well.  So I did a Food Bank drive with our employees.  I had spoken with the NTFB about the drive and they requested money instead of canned food, because they could buy more with the cash than we could.  With that information in hand, I went to work and boy did our employees step up.  We were able to write a check to the NTFB in the amount of $1700!

No comments: