Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Growing Like a Weed


Getting some play time on her blanket
Meemaw and Addison

Mandy, TW, Addison, and me
5 generations
Meemee, Nana, Dad, Me, and Addison


Our first day home
Life's about to change

You always hear people say how time flies before you realize how much your child has grown. I'm already realizing that, and Addison is only 13 days old. I look at pictures of her a week ago compared to now and she's already changing so much.

A lot of changes have occurred in our lives within the last few days.

I decided last week to change to from breast feeding to formula feeding. So everyone is adjusting to that. I have to say that we're getting more sleep around here, which was much needed. My sanity was about gone. Addison's little belly is getting used to it gradually, so we're taking each day at a time. Like I said, sleep has come a little easier. Last night was a milestone. Addison slept in her crib (not in our room in the pack n' play) and actually didn't get up but every 4 hours in between feedings. It was amazing. I think it was good for both mom and baby. We're still working on really getting her to understand her days and nights, but I think that should come with time.

We want to thank everyone to helping us within these first days at home. A special thanks to my mom for taking time off and being with me until this past Sunday. She was a life saver. I could not have done it without her. THANK YOU MOM!!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! So when she left, Jordan and I were left without our training wheels. I think we've handled ourselves pretty well. I've definitely had to make a few phone calls to my sister in-law (pediatric nurse) on some questions/concerns.

As you could tell, I could go on and on. I'm sure I'll be one of those moms that could talk about their child until no one will listen, but I'm not going to bore you. I've attached a few photos to let you see what we've been doing these last few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Courtney and Jordan,
Addison is precious! I am so happy for you guys... hold on tight, these days pass quickly!